Imagine you are at a restaurant with a potential client and he mentions to you that he’s been at the helm of a company for six years. His company experienced backlash after some belt-tightening, but he bit the bullet and his decisions bore fruit. You sit there with a blank stare on your face.
Open up to the business section in a newspaper or any business magazine, and you’ll surely come across lots of expressions and idioms that make the subject more descriptive.
Expressions like “flood the market” or “be in the driver’s seat” give us strong mental images. But it can be difficult to understand the precise meaning of some other expressions. For example, phrasal verbs (such as “drag on”, “pick up” or “lay off”) don’t have clues that help with understanding.
In this course you’ll learn the most important idioms that you’ll encounter in the business world. Because these expressions are used so frequently in spoken English, understanding how to use them will help you sound natural and avoid embarrassing situations like the one previously described.
SO LET’S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!
- Learn 280 + business phrases. Together we’ll practice and discuss each phrase. We’ll role play situations where each phrase may be used and have fun learning some of the stranger phrases found in the English language.
- In order to repeat the learned phrases, we’ll do weekly Kahoot! challenges.
- You’ll receive my e-book of 280 Business Phrases + 9 exercise worksheets.
Lessons take place over Skype. That way you can learn from the comfort of your home without having to waste time in traffic.
How long is the course?
10 hours. Note: this is an estimate. It could take more or less time, depending on the personal needs of the student.
- 25 € for 60 minutes (Skype lessons)
- 35 € for 60 minutes (in person lessons for individuals/companies in the Freiburg i. Br. region)