On this episode, I chat with a Mexican living in Berlin about her culture and traditions.
English Level: B1 🇲🇽🇨🇦
- Introduction (0:21)
- What makes your home region special? (1:10)
- Life in Berlin (5:22)
- Differences between Germans and Mexicans (6:58)
- The pandemic (10:28)
- Special holidays in Mexico (12:55)
- Mexican food (19:35)
- Outstanding Mexicans (24:42)
- Mexican spirit in the face of adversity (27:15)
- Outro (28:41)
- To migrate (verb): übersiedeln
- Difference (noun): Unterschied
- To hug somebody (verb): umarmen
- Sorrow (noun): Leid
- famous (adj.): berühmt
Phrases to Remember:
- Gateway into something: a means of achieving a state or condition.
- Playdate: a social occasion arranged for children to play together.
- Take for granted: fail to properly appreciate (someone or something), especially as a result of overfamiliarity.
- Look forward to something: await something eagerly.
Mistake to Avoid:
(incorrect conjugation of the verb) people look at me weird NOT looks
- (True or False) Mariana was very excited to move to Germany.
- What is special about Latin American people?
- What is the quality Jorge learned from his parents that he doesn’t want to lose?
- Why was Jorge’s dad sad during the pandemic?
- What type of Mexican food is difficult to find in Germany?
- What does Mariana buy her daughter?
- Who is the most famous Mexican at the moment?
Question to consider:
What’s your favorite Mexican dish?
- Dia de los Muertos
- Mexican chili candy
- Guillermo del Toro
- Mariana Bo
- Mariana’s YouTube channel
- Mariana’s instagram
- Most Common Mistakes Germans Make in English
- Support the podcast with a tip
Support the podcast by leaving a tip: