On this episode, I chat with an Iranian scientist about her country and culture.
English Level: B1 🇮🇷🇨🇦
- Introduction (0:21)
- Growing up in Iran (02:10)
- Cultural qualities of Iran (08:20)
- Economic situation of Iran (16:20)
- Misconceptions about Iran in the West (23:19)
- Travel advice from a local (27:30)
- Anecdotally (adverb) – anekdotisch
- Exposure (noun) – Ausgesetztsein
- Admire (verb) – (jdn./etw.) bewundern
- Perilous (adj.) – gefährlich
- Knowledge gap (noun) – Wissenslücke
Phrases to Remember:
Mistake to Avoid:
(incorrect use of an adjective) economic classes NOT economical (17:31)
- Which animal was NOT one of Nayere’s pets growing up as a child?
- What is one of the most noticeable qualities of Iranian culture?
- What factors influence the economic situation of the people?
- Is it true that people still use camels as a means of transportation in Iran, or is this a wrong picture?
- What are two things people don’t know about Iran due to incorrect/one-sided media reports?
- What is “Damavand” – Nayere’s favorite place?
Question to consider:
Do you have a story of a positive encounter with a stranger?
- Co-ed vs single-sex schools
- What is better: single or co-ed schools?
- The most famous Iranian
- Mount Damavand
- Nayere’s favorite dish
- How safe is Iran?
- What’s your story?
- Most Common Mistakes Germans Make in English
- Support the podcast with a tip
Support the podcast by leaving a tip:
Leave a Reply