On this episode, I chat with a writer and podcaster about money.
English Level: B1 🇩🇪🇨🇦
- Introduction (0:21)
- Toxic Myths about Money (4.41)
- 1st myth – “There is not enough” (4:55)
- 2nd myth – “More is better” (11:21)
- 3rd myth – “It’s just the way it is” (16:40)
- Carina’s relationship with money (20:40)
- Insightful (adj) – aufschlussreich
- Sufficiency (noun) – hinreichende Menge
- Sufficient (verb) – ausreichend
- Dog waste bags (noun) – Hundekotbeutel
- Pocket (noun) – Tasche
- Unconscious (adj.) – unbewusst
- Mental Health (noun) – psychische Gesundheit
- Privilege (noun) – Vorrecht
- Generous (adj.) – großzügig
Phrases to Remember:
- To run out – ausgehen, etw. nicht mehr haben
- To earn money – Geld verdienen
- To care for something – sich um jdn./etw. kümmern
- To care about something – sich für etw./jmd. Interessieren, jdn./etw. mögen
Mistake to Avoid:
- (incorrect use of the Present Continuous tense) I write about money NOT I’m writing about money (1:18)
- What happened to the 20 DM bill that Carina’s dad gave her?
- How does the mentality of “there is not enough money” affect us?
- What can I say instead of saying “there is not enough”?
- How can you overcome the second myth about money that “more is better”?
- What would Carina do with a million euros?
Question to consider:
How important is money to you?
- Carina’s website
- Carina on LinkedIn
- My mom’s story
- Most Common Mistakes Germans Make in English
- Support the podcast with a tip
Support the podcast by leaving a tip: