On this episode, I chat with an Austrian podcaster about her beautiful country.
English Level: B2 🇦🇹🇨🇦
- Introduction (0:21)
- Growing up in Austria (05:15)
- Germany’s influence on Austrian culture + politics (10:10)
- Differences between the different regions of Austria (18:04)
- Travel tips – “Hidden Gems” to visit in Austria (21:50)
- To originate from sth./sb. (verb) – von jdm. stammen
- Assignment (noun) – Aufgabe, Auftrag
- Memorable (adj.) – erinnerungswürdig , unvergesslich
- idyllic (adj.) – idyllisch
- Railway system (noun) – Bahnsystem
- Quirky (adj.) – skurril, sonderbar
Phrases to Remember:
Mistake to Avoid:
Comprehension Questions: (time stamps!!!!!)
- What is Viktoria’s lovely agreement with her husband regarding her travels?
- What is Viktoria’s response to the question of Germany’s role in Austrian culture?
- What are the advantages of the Austrian transportation system?
- What is Austria’s political status when it comes to wars?
- What “quirky” place do you find in Lower Austria?
Question to consider:
Did you know the story of Krampus and do you think it’s an effective way to get kids to behave?
- Viktoria on LinkedIn
- Viktoria’s website
- Viktoria’s podcast – No Kangaroos
- Viktoria’s blog – Chronic Wanderlust
- Most Common Mistakes Germans Make in English
- Support the podcast with a tip
Support the podcast by leaving a tip: