On this episode, I chat with an English teacher about how to teach English to children.
English Level: B1 🇺🇸🇨🇦
- Introduction (0:21)
- How Gaby got into teaching English to children (04:38)
- Great and simple tips on how to teach English to children under 5 (09:55)
- Why making mistakes when learning a language is ok (13:02)
- Challenges in teaching children a foreign language (17:46)
- How you as a parent can motivate your child to learn English (23:33)
- Gaby’s teaching services and her great podcast about bilingualism (30:00)
- To be upset (verb) – aufgebracht sein
- To experiment with sth (verb) – experimentieren, ausprobieren
- Unfortunately (adverb) – leider
- inhibitions (noun) – Hemmungen
- to recover (verb) – sich erholen
- facilitate (verb) – etw.fördern, etw.ermöglichen
- autonomy (noun) – Eigenständigkeit, Eigenverantwortung
- motor skills (noun) – motorische Fähigkeiten
Phrases to Remember:
- to fall into something – To begin to participate in something.
- to keep in mind – To think of or remember someone or something.
- to have a say – to have an active and participatory role in making or influencing a decision about something.
Mistake to Avoid:
- What are the 4 languages that Gaby teaches?
- What works best when working with the youngest children?
- What difference does Gaby point out with regards to the learning process of young kids compared to older ones?
- What challenge will you have to mitigate when teaching young children?
- What can you do to encourage your young children to learn English?
Question to consider:
What are your childhood memories of learning English?
- Gaby on LinkedIn
- Gaby’s podcast
- Gaby’s YouTube channel
- Most Common Mistakes Germans Make in English
- Support the podcast with a tip
Support the podcast by leaving a tip: