Lose weight without a diet
English Level: B1 🇨🇦
This is a new series on my podcast dedicated to learning skills and reaching goals. I will share personal stories and tips to help you reach any goal you can imagine. Leave a message in the comments section on my website about what you want to learn.
Today’s goal is how to lose 10 kg.
At the beginning of 2020, I stood on the scale and was shocked by the number on the little screen. I immediately started doing research on how to lose the extra weight. That’s how I discovered intermittent fasting.
The concept is simple. There’s an 8-hour window during the day where you eat and then a 16-hour window where you don’t eat. In the hours when you don’t eat your body burns off fat.
Was it difficult at the beginning? Absolutely. It took me some time to get used to the feeling of hunger and not overreacting. I learned that if I drink tea during my fasting time I can manage my hunger cravings. And the number one technique I use is to stay as far away from the kitchen as possible.
I lost 10 kg in less than 3 months. If you want more information about intermittent fasting, make sure to check out the show notes.
Phrases to Remember
- burn off fat: to cause one’s body to use the fat it has stored
- get used to something: If you get used to something or someone, you become familiar with it or get to know them, so that you no longer feel that the thing or person is unusual or surprising.
- hunger craving: an intense desire to consume a specific food.
Lose weight with intermittent fasting.
Question to consider:
What do you do when you feel hangry (combination of hungry with angry)?
- Intermittent fasting
- Intermittent fasting YouTube video
- Most Common Mistakes Germans Make in English
- Support the podcast with a tip