On this episode, I chat with a friend about his home region – Basque Country.
English Level: B1 🇪🇸🇨🇦
- Introduction (0:21)
- History of the Basque Country (0:58)
- Food culture – Pintxos (9:47)
- Best places to visit in the Basque Country (12:50)
- Is it expensive to visit the Basque Country? (16:21)
- What is the weather like? (17:04)
- What keeps you in your hometown? (18:50)
- Where can we find you on social media? (19:52)
- Audience question (20:56)
- Connection (noun): Verbindung
- Roots (noun): Ursprung
- Resistance (noun): Widerstand
- Tension (noun): Spannung
- Law (noun): Gesetz
- To resolve (verb): etw. lösen
- To gather (verb): etw. sammeln
Phrases to Remember:
- to go out: leave one’s home to go to a social event.
- to get mad (the sea): angry (USA)
- take for granted: fail to properly appreciate (someone or something), especially as a result of overfamiliarity.
- good mood: If you are in a good mood, you feel cheerful. If you are in a bad mood, you feel angry and impatient.
Mistake to Avoid:
- (True or False) The Basque language is older than Indo-European languages.
- Which two countries have languages that might be connected to the Basque language?
- The Basque Country is divided between which two countries?
- When was the last terrorist act committed by Basque nationalists?
- What is the profession that Basque people are known for?
- Where did Basque men go to escape home life?
- Which mountain does Edu recommend for tourists to climb?
- (True or False) Basque Country is more expensive than the south of Spain.
- When does Edu say someone should visit?
What is paradise for you?
Question to consider:
Do you think regional languages should be protected or should we focus on a national language that everyone speaks?
- History of the Basque country
- Places to see in San Sebastian
- Hernio mountain
- Monastery of Arantzazu
- Edu on Instagram
- Episode about Costa Rica
- Most Common Mistakes Germans Make in English
- Support the podcast with a tip
Support the podcast by leaving a tip:
Leave a Reply