On this episode, I chat with the world-renowned musician Daniela Andrade.
English Level: B1 🇨🇦🇨🇦
- Introduction (0:21)
- The interview (1:08)
- Outro (9:28)
- Goosebumps (noun): a state of the skin caused by cold, fear, or excitement, in which small bumps appear on the surface as the hairs become erect.
- Mortified (verb): cause (someone) to feel very embarrassed or ashamed.
- Regret (verb): feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that one has done or failed to do).
- Procrastinate (verb): delay or postpone action; put off doing something.
- Conflicted (adj.): having or showing confused and mutually inconsistent feelings.
- Barista (noun): a person who serves in a coffee bar.
- Meaningful (adj.): serious, important, or worthwhile.
- Hispanic (adj.): a Spanish-speaking person, especially one of Latin American descent, living in the US.
- Proximity (noun): nearness in space, time, or relationship.
- Familial (adj.): relating to or occurring in a family or its members.
Phrases to Remember:
- to be into: Be interested in or involved with.
- look forward to: If you look forward to something that is going to happen, you want it to happen because you think you will enjoy it.
- to work out: have a good or specified result.
- per se: by or in itself or themselves; intrinsically.
- paid gig: an informal phrase to refer to a job that will pay money. Originally, a gig was an informal term for an engagement to play by a musician, and it has since extended to apply to any job.
Mistake to Avoid:
- How old was Daniela when Jorge met her?
- What was the name of the song Daniela sang when she was 6 years old?
- Which city did Daniela move to when she was 20?
- (True or False) Performing in Taiwan surpassed her expectations.
- What language does Daniela speak to her parents in?
Question to consider:
Who’s your favorite musician and why?
Support the podcast by leaving a tip: