Episode Summary: I talk about what I’ve learned in the last 12 months of this pandemic and the personal challenges I’ve faced.
English Level: B1 🇨🇦
- Introduction (0:21)
- Embrace the hard times (1:13)
- I am loved (6:10)
- My story is not finished (10:31)
- Recap (11:42)
- Embrace (verb): accept (a belief, theory, or change) willingly and enthusiastically.
- Drown (verb): die through submersion in and inhalation of water.
- Resilient (adj.): tending to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change.
- Confirm (verb): establish the truth or correctness of (something previously believed or suspected to be the case).
- Fuel (noun): material such as coal, gas, or oil that is burned to produce heat or power.
- Patient (adj.): able to remain calm and not become annoyed when waiting for a long time or when dealing with problems or difficult people
- Kindness (noun): the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.
- Preparation (noun): the action or process of preparing or being prepared for use or consideration.
Phrases to Remember:
- Sure enough: used to introduce a statement that confirms something previously predicted.
- Make the best of something: to deal with (a bad situation) as well as possible
- Put something behind you: to forget something unpleasant that has happened to you, or to stop being affected by it.
- Keep your head above water: to just be able to manage, especially when you have financial difficulties
- Hear me out: to listen to (someone who wants to tell something)
- To make it: to accomplish something, or to become successful
Mistake to Avoid:
(incorrect form of the noun) pandemic NOT pandemie
- Why was Jorge sad at Christmas time?
- What did Jorge do to manage his mental health issues?
- What does an eagle do when the wind blows hard?
- How did Jorge’s student greet him when she met him for the first time?
- What did Jorge see on his way home from his dance course?
- What does Jorge want you to remember from this episode?
Question to consider:
What have the last 12 months taught you about yourself/life?
Support the podcast by leaving a tip: