Episode Summary: I talk about how to make new friends wherever you go.
English Level: B1 🇨🇦
- Trip to Greece (0:42)
- How I met my wife (3:10)
- Expand your worldview (4:08)
- Make life-long friends (6:25)
- New adventures (10:54)
- Recap (12:53)
- Worldview (noun): a particular philosophy of life or conception of the world.
- Reliability (noun): the quality of being trustworthy or of performing consistently well.
- To admit (verb): confess to be true or to be the case.
- Excuse (noun): a reason or explanation given to justify a fault or offence.
- Separate (verb): divide into constituent or distinct elements.
- Hierarchy (noun): a system in which members of an organization or society are ranked according to relative status or authority.
- Physiological needs (noun): the need for shelter, water, food, warmth, rest, and health.
- Self-actualization (noun): the realization or fulfilment of one’s talents and potentialities, especially considered as a drive or need present in everyone.
- Job prospects (noun): the possibility that a person will be able to get or apply for a job
- Characteristic (noun): a feature or quality belonging typically to a person, place, or thing and serving to identify them.
- Esteem (noun): respect and admiration.
- Fade (verb): gradually grow faint and disappear.
Phrases to Remember:
- Pull yourself together: recover control of one’s emotions.
- Hit it off with someone: to be friendly with each other immediately.
- Go out of one’s way: make a special effort to do something.
- To be broke: having completely run out of money.
Mistake to Avoid:
(incorrect use of an adverb) I don’t think in the exact same way NOT I don’t think in exactly same way
- Why did Jorge end up alone in Greece?
- What did Jorge do the final three days in Greece?
- What did Jorge’s wife do in Costa Rica?
- What does Jorge believe is the best way to learn?
- What did Jorge learn from Germans?
- Why do some of our relationships die or fade?
- How was Jorge able to afford traveling in his 20’s?
Question to consider:
Tell me how you met your best friend.
- Costa Rica Episode
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Germany: A Love Story Episode
- Most Common Mistakes Germans Make in English
Support the podcast by leaving a tip: