Episode Summary: I talk about love & hate and how these emotions influence our lives.
English Level: B1 🇨🇦
- Love & Hate in my life (0:38)
- Hatred is weakness (6:49)
- Love is strength (11:01)
- Choose Love (14:50)
- Recap (17:29)
- to manifest (verb): show (a quality or feeling) by one’s acts or appearance; demonstrate.
- Bullying (noun): seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce (someone perceived as vulnerable).
- fantasize (verb): imagine (something that one wants to happen).
- fisrespect (verb): show a lack of respect for; insult.
- Resentment (noun): bitter indignation at having been treated unfairly.
- rant (verb): speak or shout at length in an angry, impassioned way.
- Weakness (noun): the state or condition of being weak.
- Strength (noun): the influence or power possessed by a person, organization, or country.
- Threaten (verb): cause (someone or something) to be vulnerable or at risk; endanger.
- Pathetic (adj.): miserably inadequate; of very low standard.
- Absent-minded (adj.): having or showing a forgetful or inattentive disposition.
- admiration (noun): respect and warm approval.
Phrases to Remember:
- make fun of someone: tease, laugh at, or joke about (someone) in a mocking way.
- to date someone: “Dating someone” means you’re seeing somebody specific, with purpose and on a regular basis.
- to rage against: To protest, criticize, or vent angrily about someone or something.
- beat someone up: assault and injure someone by hitting, kicking, or punching them repeatedly.
- to pick on someone: repeatedly single someone out for criticism or unkind treatment in a way perceived to be unfair.
- to daydream: a series of pleasant thoughts that distract one’s attention from the present.
- on the contrary: used to intensify a denial of what has just been implied or stated by suggesting that the opposite is the case.
- hold back: hesitate to act or speak.
Mistake to Avoid:
- Why was Jorge bullied in school?
- What happens when Jorge goes running sometimes?
- How old was Jorge when he fell in love for the first time?
Question to Consider:
How has love impacted your life?
- Frederick Douglass episode
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer episode
- 50 Most Common Mistakes Germans Make in English
Support the podcast by leaving a tip:
Leave a Reply