Episode Summary: I talk about my experiences in the beautiful country of Costa Rica and how that lead to meeting my wife.
English Level: B1 🇨🇦
- Story (0:37)
- Make Decisions (4:45)
- Pura Vida Philosophy (10:54)
- Serendipity (13:07)
- hesitant (adj.): tentative, unsure, or slow in acting or speaking.
- inaction (noun): lack of action where some is expected or appropriate.
- Fate (noun): the development of events outside a person’s control, regarded as predetermined by a supernatural power.
- Regret (noun): feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that one has done or failed to do).
- Satisfied (adj.): contented; pleased.
- Gratitude (noun): the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
- Joy (noun): a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.
- Serendipity: glücklicher Zufall
- Coincidence (noun): a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection.
- uncomfortable (adj.): causing or feeling slight pain or physical discomfort.
Phrases to Remember:
- to go back and forth: If someone moves back and forth, they repeatedly move in one direction and then in the opposite direction.
- Heads or tails: An expression used when tossing a coin to decide between two alternatives, as in Let’s just flip a coin to decide who pays
- To have a blast: Someone engaging in a happy, fun-loving, laughable time at a function or an event.
- The time has come: it is the right moment to do something or for something to happen
- Make the best out of a bad situation
- Circle of friends: A number of close friends who usually do things together as a group .
- The edge of comfort: something that you really want to do even though it scares you.
Mistake to Avoid:
(incorrect verb) make a decision NOT do a decision
- What were Jorge’s reasons for staying in Costa Rica?
- How did Jorge make his decision to stay in Costa Rica?
- How did Jorge prepare for exams when he was in Costa Rica?
- When did Jorge meet his wife?
- What is the meaning of pura vida?
- What are Costa Ricans like?
- How can you create serendipity?
Question to consider:
Do you have a pura vida mindset?
- Visit Costa Rica
- The Meaning of Pura Vida
- Podcast episode about Texas
- 50 Most Common Mistakes Germans Make in English
Support the podcast by leaving a tip:
Leave a Reply