Start this day with a smile on your face and a little dance. // Beginne den Tag mit einem Lächeln auf den Lippen und tanze.
English Level: B1 🇨🇦
Rise & Shine by Jorge Robleto
Rise and shine.
I know you’re tired. A little sore. Stretch it out. Go for a walk. Take a cold shower.
Cloudy day? Don’t complain. That’s what everyone else does. But you’re not everyone else.
Is it cold outside? Embrace it. Breathe in that cold air. Let it overwhelm your lungs and remind you that you are alive.
The coffee machine doesn’t work? Drink water. Water improves memory and mood.
Are you in a bad mood? Come up with one good reason to be grateful. I’ve got one, you woke up this morning. How many people didn’t make it through the night?
Feel groggy? Make a sleep schedule so you get 7-8 hours of restful sleep. Your body and mind will thank you.
It is a gift to wake up each morning. It is a gift to be alive, to dream, to learn, to love. What are your dreams? What do you want to learn? How will you express love to someone today?
Get out there and make this day a beautiful one.
Rise and shine.
I know you’re stressed. Life is no walk in the park. But you know what helps? A walk in the park. Cities are full of noise, commotion, and pollution. Get out into nature. Seek out green spaces.
You know what else helps? Movement. Humans are not meant to sit in front of computers and screens all day. Stretch your arms to the sky and shake those hips like a belly dancer. Dance like nobody’s watching. Don’t be shy. You can do it.
Are you ready? Let’s dance.
- sore (adj.): (of a part of one’s body) painful or aching.
- embrace (verb): accept (a belief, theory, or change) willingly and enthusiastically.
- overwhelm (verb): have a strong emotional effect on.
- groggy (adj.): dazed, weak, or unsteady, especially from illness, intoxication, sleep, or a blow.
- commotion (noun): a state of confused and noisy disturbance.
Phrases to Remember
- come up with: produce something, especially when pressured or challenged.
- make it through: to survive, to endure (something), to successfully complete (something) without significant stress or harm.
Start your day with a little dance.
Support the podcast by leaving a tip:
Leave a Reply